Is it Memorial Day already?! Don’t despair if you don’t have any plans for the upcoming weekend, we’ve compiled a list of eco-friendly metro accessible ideas for a great weekend!
- Take the Metro to Greenbelt Park in Greenbelt, Maryland for a great weekend of camping, hiking, and biking.
- Bike and camp along the C&O canal, starting in Georgetown along the waterfront.
- Take a zip car to a Potomac Appalachian Trail Club cabin in Shenandoah – a great National Park with wonderful cabins run by a local organization.
- Go for a Horseback ride in Rock Creek Park, or visit Thompson Boat Center to kayak the Potomac River.
- Or set off from Jack’s Boathouse in Georgetown for a great tour of the Potomac.