I can’t believe that Memorial Day weekend is right around the corner! If you don’t have plans just yet, don’t despair, we’ve compiled a list of eco-friendly metro accessible ideas for a great weekend:
- Take the Metro to Greenbelt Park in Greenbelt, Maryland for a great weekend of camping, hiking, and biking.
- Bike and camp along the C&O canal, starting in Georgetown along the waterfront.
- Take a zip car to a Potomac Appalachian Trail Club cabin in Shenandoah – a great National Park with wonderful cabins run by a local organization.
- Go for a Horseback ride in Rock Creek Park, or visit Thompson Boat Center to kayak the Potomac River.
- Check out Capital Bikeshare, and rent a bike for an hour or the day to tour the Monuments on the National Mall.
- Go bird-watching and hiking around Theodore Roosevelt Island in Arlington, VA.
- Check out a local farmer’s market, or car-pool with someone to travel to a local farm to pick berries in an orchard.
What are your eco-plans for the weekend? Leave a comment below and we’ll share your great ideas with the community!